To delete mail from the server after several days with Outlook Express:
- Select Tools > Accounts... from the menu in Outlook Express.
- Highlight the desired email account.
- Click Properties.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Make sure Leave a copy of messages on server is selected(checked).
- Now also check Remove from server after __ day(s).
- Specify how long you want messages to be kept at the server.
- Taking into account how much mail you normally get, something between 3 and 10 days is useful.
- Click OK.
- Click Close.
<Tested, Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0>